YFU South Africa offers you the opportunity to work as a YFU intern in one of the most beautiful countries in the world.
Duties and responsibilities
You will assist with the recruitment of new exchange students as well as host families for students who come to South Africa on exchange. You will support incoming and outgoing students, work with volunteers in planning and delivering orientations and recruit and interview students and host families. You will also play part in promoting YFU programmes at schools and through newspapers, radio and community events. You should be prepared to do routine office/ administration duties as part of your internship. You will report to the regional head or office head in the region you are placed.
Personal qualities and qualifications
South Africa is a huge country and you will most likely spend a lot of time working on your own in various, and sometimes far-away, locations and communities. We are looking for an independent and mature person with the following qualities:
- Knowledge of YFU (preferable) and/ or international exchange experience
- Good ability to understand and speak English
- Able to do presentations for groups
- Preferably aged between 21 and 25 years of age with international driver’s license
- Able to work in a team
- Basic computer skills
- Polite telephone manner
- Good marketing and promotional skills
- Confident, creative thinking, enthusiastic and huge sense of humour.
Our interns usually work in our regional office in Pretoria. However, placements in other regions may be possible, depending on your skills and qualifications, as well as YFU’s requirements and needs.
YFU will arrange for accommodation close to our regional offices, usually with a YFU volunteer. Travel costs to the regional offices will be covered by YFU. Accommodation costs are 50% sponsored by YFU and interns are responsible for the other 50%. Accommodation costs typically vary between R1500.00 and R2000.00 per month, which means the intern will contribute R750.00 – R1000.00 per month and YFU the other 50%. All YFU related expenses will be covered; however, meals (unless otherwise determined) and spending money are for the intern’s own account.
Intern must provide:
- International flight to and from Johannesburg or Cape Town depending on location of internship
- Medical and accident insurance
- Visa (YFU will supply appropriate supporting documents if needed)
- Spending money (to cover personal expenses, meals, etc.)
Applications should include a personal letter of motivation, CV, letters of reference, contact details and a photo for host family purposes.
Please direct all applications and enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.