YFU South Africa is offering full-time internship opportunities at our office in Pretoria all year round! Do you have a passion for youth exchange and intercultural learning, enjoy meeting new people, and want to join a small and dynamic YFU organization for 3-12 months? Then what are you waiting for!?
Out interns work in our regional office in Pretoria and assist our regional director with all aspects of the inbound programme, marketing, host family recruitment, volunteer management and general administrative tasks.
Typical tasks include liaising with inbound students and host families, host family recruitment, school presentations, organizing and conducting orientations for inbound and outbound students, social media management, data capturing, and representing YFU at career fairs and other marketing events.
You will be expected to work 35-40 hours per week. A certain degree of flexibility is expected with regard to working hours and you will sometimes be required to work on weekends (e.g. for orientations, host family visits or marketing events). This will of course be balanced with adequate time off which you can use to explore South Africa!
This internship is an unpaid position. However, accommodation with a host family will be provided and all expenses for meals and YFU-related travel will be covered by YFU South Africa. The cost of medical insurance, visa and international travel must be covered by the intern.
The minimum duration of an internship is 10 weeks.
- Previous YFU experience as either a volunteer, exchange student or host family.
- Fluent in English.
- Functional skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook), social media, as well as general communication and office administration.
- Experience with school presentations and marketing, as well as orientations and volunteer management, will be an asset.
- Self-starter, creative, able to work in a team as well as independently, enthusiastic and passionate about YFU.
- Applicants should be at least 19 years old.
How to apply
When submitting your application, please indicate the preferred start and end date of your internship.