YFU South Africa is looking for a social media intern to join our small and dynamic team for a period of 2-4 months, starting in or after March 2021! In light of the on-going travel restrictions, this will be a virtual position, open to applicants from anywhere in the world.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop a social media strategy aimed at host family recruitment, the promotion of our inbound and volunteer programme, and collaboration with partner schools
- Create and publish engaging social media content for our existing social media platforms
- Explore the use of additional social media platforms and formats
- Assist with the implementation of campaigns related to the 70th Anniversary of YFU
- Create a library of graphic and video content for on-going or future use
- Monitor content performance, track and report on engagement, conversion etc.
- Assist with the development of a social media handbook for future interns and content creators, including design guidelines, wording, working with different target audiences…
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience in content creation, post scheduling, paid advertising and conversion/ engagement tracking on various social media platforms (mainly Facebook and Instagram)
- Able to work from home and with minimal supervision
- Fluent in English (native speaker or full working proficiency)
- Own laptop and internet access, ideally access to software for image and video editing
- Passionate about YFU and intercultural exchange, especially hosting and volunteering!
What we offer
- The opportunity to work with a small and dynamic team of passionate YFUers
- Gain practical work experience and boost your resume
- Learn about South Africa’s culture, language(s) and everyday life
- Work with students, volunteers and staff from South Africa and our partner countries
- Flexible working hours on a part-time basis
- Work from anywhere in the world
- Unleash your creativity and bring your own ideas to the table!
Interested? Apply now!
If you would like to apply for this position, please send the following documents to Lena@yfu.org.za:
- Your CV/ resume
- Your letter of motivation (including YFU and/or social media experience, approx. 1 page)
- A 1-page proposal with your ideas for an inbound/ host family social media campaign, as well as suggestions on how to improve our existing social media presence.
The application deadline is Tuesday, 2nd of March 2021. Please note that this is an unpaid internship position.
Should you have any questions regarding our social media internship, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Lena (Lena@yfu.org.za)!